Thursday, January 5, 2012

Journal 22 - Sled Poem

The snow is falling from the cloudy sky
Wind is whipping the cold ice through the street
I gaze inside where it is warm and dry
But sledding is so much fun and sweet!
I can't wait to sled, so I yell Goodbye!

Running up the hill, I stumble a bit
Getting a face full of snow makes me stop
I wipe my face with my scarf and my mitts
I reach the top, place my sled, down I plop
I look both ways so I do not get hit

Pushing off the ground, I let out a yell
With a whoosh of air my sled slides quickly
Down the hill, while jamming to my Adele
"Fix your hat, the snow is falling thickly"
Yells a mom, concerned about her Danielle

As the bottom draws closer and closer
My purple sled slowly comes to a halt
Wow Adele is such a great composer
I turn off my tunes and look at the salt
Poured on the road by a disposer

I guess it is time to pack up and go
I gather my things and head to my car
As the trucks were melting the falling snow
This cold day was great and gets a gold star

3 comments:

  1. You did a good job incorporating the innocence usually found in romanticism writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on this poem, I like how you separated it into sections. You did a good job of using descriptions like romanticism writings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very good it was really cute and the stanza were good and the rhyme scheme worked really good. Awesome use of descriptions like in romanticism writing.

    ReplyDelete