Thursday, September 1, 2011

Journal 3 - Hostage Situation

If I was in a hostage situation there would be a variety of different ways that I would respond, based off the unique situation. I will go through random plausible situations and give what I hope would be my response. Situation A consists of an Iron Man type terrorist hostage situation. If I was kidnapped and held hostage (for whatever reason, maybe my DNA has a special strand that cures cancer, or something awesome like that, as I am not rich or have political influence so the above reason is the only realistic reason). I would not give in to the terrorists, and hold out on the information or blood or whatever. I would like to believe I can withstand a decent amount of pain, but I know at some point I will succumb to it. To end the hostage situation I would love to have Arnold Schwarzenegger come in on a plane and rescue me like in Commando, but as that only has a 0.09% chance of actually happening, there would be some sort of jail break or escape organized by either fellow hostages or by some outside force with the intention of liberation. Situation B is a bank hostage situation in which I was innocently was depositing my work check and someone decided to hold up the bank. I would get down on the floor like I would be instructed and try not to catch the attention of the bank robbers. I would stay incognito as they have guns and I would love not to be shot. I would try to use my phone and call for help, but other than that its every man for themselves. If they would happen to pick me as a body shield or hostage then I would cooperate the best I can until the police came when I would try to help out the police in whatever way I can. If I was in a colonial Indian hostage situation like Mary Rowlandson, I would listen to the Indians as I could have much worse captors. I can't sew, but I am sure that I could figure out something to trade for food with the Indians.

No comments:

Post a Comment