Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Journal 16 - Tools

There are many tools that could be used to overcome the distance with the Farminton kids.I created a Today's Meet as an extra option for our group. It allows us to have instant textual communication with each other and the comments stay and all the members of the group are able to see it. I sent them a link to it in case we decided to use that to communicate. I also feel like we are going to use Twitter. When we Skyped with the other school they said that they love Twitter. Skyping is another way to communicate also. Seeing the members in a face to face communication will help everyone as that is what we are used to. Personally Skyping (with no lag or delay) will be the best for me as that is closest to physically meeting the group. Another way is Facebook. The majority of high school students have a Facebook and check it all of the time. That will be a convenient way of communicating as we constantly check Facebook. Personally I would like to email. I check my email a lot. I am just that kind of person. Hopefully my group members will be okay with email as that is my preference in this endeavor. Also I hope that my group does what they are supposed in terms of the video as that will lower my stress levels. I am leaning to video editor, but as non of my group have emailed back, we shall wait and see.

Another tool is common sense. If we all use common sense then the video will go so much smoother as everyone will do their part and we will be able to finish on time with an A. Common sense means that if someone has a problem they will communicate it with the group and together we will all resolve it. It also entails that if someone can not do the work then we all pitch in to help. Common sense means that everyone does their part and pulls their weight in the total group effort. Hopefully all of Group 21 has common sense and does their share of the work. This should be a very fun project if everyone has common sense and I do not get stressed about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment